ubora, asesoramiento, redes, M&E,
Capacity Building, Monitoring and Evaluation of Networks
When we start a networking project of this kind the specific needs are not usually stated clearly which means that the work processes unfold solely according to the internal logic of each organization. Thus alternative organizational options that would naturally have been aired and discussed through broader external interaction do not emerge to see the light of day.
We therefore consider it essential that organisations find ways of working together. Not only by agreeing to common objectives, but also by deciding how these goals are to be translated into day-to-day practice. This involves agreeing on the network organizational and operational processes that would successfully lead to obtaining the desired results and outcomes.
Our services will help you to:
· Design and implement complex organizational processes with multiple stakeholders involved in joint projects and programs.
· Capacity building and tool development for M & E adapted to networks and networking projects and programs.
· Evaluate complex projects and programs, with a multiplicity of actors.
· Design systems of quality management adapted to organizational networks.
The way we work:
El CSEF (Civil Society Education Fund) is a CSO International Fund linked to the Global Campaign for Education (GCE), a coalition mainly composed of Development NGOs and teacher unions from more than 80 countries aiming at providing better access to “Education For All” (EFA goals) through social mobilisation, advocacy and research. Within this frame, UBORA conducted an independent evaluation of the implementation of the CSEF programme in Sierra Leone, Malawi and Mozambique with the aim to identify lessons learned on the architecture and functioning of the programme at regional, national and local level. UBORA also identified the Outcomes and impact in those particular countries as well as provide specific support on the capacity-building component of these local and national CSO coalitions.
In this view, UBORA jointly with GEPS (http://grupsderecerca.uab.cat/geps/) evaluated the strategy, governance and leadership of the Fund (CSEF) in the frame of the Global Campaign for Education at different levels: First, from the analysis of the organisational management and decision making processes in coordination with the supra-national structures responsible for the programme implementation in Africa, Asia and America; Second, analysing the relation between the regional organisation and the national coalitions (NEC), and Third, analysing the regional structure created for the financial management of the CSEF.
UBORA jointly with GEPS provided findings, lessons learnt and recommended points of reflection, that were deemed highly relevant for the GCE board, especially for decision making on organizational issues related to the implementation of the next programme CSEF-II.
• Understand the profile of current members and analyse how current capacities can contribute to meeting the platform’s vision, through the CPDE campaign/programme;
• Establish a baseline against which overall achievement of programme objectives will be measured;
• Identify how the platform can further develop capacities through programme activities, particularly in advocacy, outreach & communication;
• Identify areas of strength and areas for development as basis for designing a capacity development strategy and endorsing more appropriate plans, activities and guidelines for implementation.
A hybrid methodology was used, combining both quantitative and qualitative analysis, together with an outcome mapping perspective, which extended the work for 6 months.
Outcome mapping methodology brought the focus on the changes that actually occurred or that are expected to happen to capture the complexity of the capacity development process. The framework of outcome mapping methodology was used for designing a survey. The questionnaire was implemented to a representative sample of organisations, out of the total CPDE population, whose responses constitute the main source of information on current CPDE members’ capacities, together with interviews with all CPDE representatives by region and sector, which add a qualitative perspective to our work.
DEVREPORTER Network 2012-2014
© 2014 All rights reserved. Diseño gráfico y web www.acidozitrico.com